How to Buy Meebits
Meebits are voxel characters, meaning pixels with volume. Think Roblox or Minecraft; that’s how these characters look. There aren’t very many in circulation, making them very valuable to collectors. Keep reading to learn how you can add Meebits to your collection.
What are Meebits?
After the success of their past NFT projects, Autoglyphs, Matt Hall, and John Watkinson of Larva Labs launched Meebits in May 2021.
In the beginning, 9,000 unique characters were initially released and given to owners of Glyphs and Punks before other people were allowed to generate their own. In total, 20,000 Meebits were created through a Dutch auction that began at 2.5 ETH, and it dropped gradually as assets were bought.
A Meebit is a 3D character that can be configured into 2D pixel art or even used as an avatar on many virtual world games such as The Sandbox, Cryptovoxels, and Decentraland. Interestingly, some individuals have gone as far as creating their physical characters using a 3D printer.
Every Meebit asset is randomized from potential generated rarities by an algorithm. Here are some of the rarest features below:
- Dissected: 5
- No Shoes: 5
- Double Pig: 1
- Snoutz Cap: 79
- 3D Glasses: 120
- Glyph Shirt: 6
Due to the popularity of such assets and the rise of Meebit sales, the community set up the MeebitDAO. The DAO helps find future uses for the product and has advisers elected to organize such projects.
How to Buy Meebits
Below you can find the seamless steps on how to purchase your first Meebit.
To buy a Meebit digital asset, you’ll need to purchase ethereum (ETH). Choose a cryptocurrency exchange that best suits you, and then take steps to buy your ether. We suggest Coinbase, BitBuy, Binance, or Kraken.
- After you’ve decided on an exchange, set up an account by providing the essential information that they require. Be sure to choose a strong password that’ll keep your account secure.
- The exchange will likely ask you to verify your account by submitting an image of your passport or ID. This extra step is necessary to prevent fraudulent activities from taking place. Be aware that it may take a few days before your account can be approved manually.
- Next, link your credit card or bank account to the exchange so that you’re able to buy ETH with fiat currency such as USD, AUD, GBP, etc.
- Be sure to buy enough ETH to buy your Meebit and cover your gas fees. You may have to buy ETH in smaller amounts at least until your account is trusted more. This all depends on your exchange.
Create a web3 wallet using MetaMask
You have to get a web3 wallet using the Google Chrome extension before you can buy a Meebit on your own. This extension enables you to purchase and sell NFTs securely. This is available on your browser and your mobile device.
To complete the installation of the MetaMask extension, follow these steps below:
- Go to the MetaMask site and click the “Download now” button. You’ll have to find the browser version that you want or install the mobile app on your phone.
- After the installation is complete, simply click the “Get Started” button.
- Pick the button that says “Create a Wallet” to get a special wallet address for your account. This extension from Google Chrome will give you a seed phrase at random, which you should write down and store in a secure place off of your computer.
- Create a strong password that’s not easy to guess. The best passwords have a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- MetaMask will then require the seed phrase by clicking the words of the phrase in the correct order. This extra step is a security measure to prevent your account from getting hacked.
Transfer ETH to your MetaMask
Once you have made the ETH purchase, transfer it to your MetaMask account with that unique address. Make sure you’re selecting the right wallet if you have more than one. After that, go ahead and make the transfer.
If you’re new to the world of NFTs and crypto wallets, remember that you have to transfer enough ETH to cover your purchase of Meebit 3D assets and gas fees. Visit etherscan.io to see the fees for an ERC-721 transaction.
Connect your MetaMask to OpenSea
It’s simple to create an OpenSea account if you have the MetaMask wallet already established.
Complete the following steps to connect to OpenSea:
- Go to the OpenSea website and select the “Account” button on the right side of the page. Pick “My Profile” when the menu appears on the page.
- On the following page, you’ll see the MetaMask emblem. Click “Sign in” to enable the extension. It’s in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
- Click the account you want to connect to OpenSea and push “Next.”
- To confirm the connection, select “Connect” on the last page.
Find the collection on OpenSea
Once you have transferred your ether to the MetaMask wallet, go back to OpenSea and find the Meebits NFT you want to buy.
Use different filters based on your hobbies and interests to find the Meebits characters that you want. By narrowing your search this way, you can find the trending voxel characters with rarities and gather a lot of popularity. You can also use the search bar if you know the specific name of the digital assets.
Once you find what you want, you can buy it by bidding on it or selecting “Buy Now”. Make sure before you complete the purchase that it is an authentic Meebit.
With all the advances in technology, scammers have found ways to duplicate products to trick buyers into purchasing false products.
When searching for Meebits NFTs, note that you should see a blue icon with a check mark inside of it next to the NFT collection. That means that the project has gotten verified.
Approve on MetaMask
Once you make a successful purchase or win the auction, the transaction has to get finalized through MetaMask. It’s a good idea to back up your assets on a hard wallet; they are very valuable, and you don’t want to risk losing them if you get hacked.
While MetaMask has its security features in place, it’s always better to be sure because the hard wallet makes it easy to transfer between accounts and provides safe storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the responses to the commissary commonly asked questions regarding Meebits:
1. Who owns the most Meebits?
The majority of the Meebits tokens, 8,521, or 42.61 percent, are with the top 100 holders.
2. Why are Meebits so expensive?
Meebits are only available in a small quantity, meaning the floor price will likely go up higher. Because the NFTs are very versatile, there was a lot of hype surrounding Meebits even before they were released.
The creators also have two other collections, the “Punks” and “Glyphs,” both highly successful.
3. How many Meebits are there?
There are 20,000 Meebits in existence. The rarity of the NFT collectibles makes this interesting collection highly sought after.